The Kay Electric Community Foundation will be funded by KUP voluntary contributions from members of the Cooperative and from other sources of funds available. KUP contributions will be used primarily in the local area served by Kay Electric Cooperative for charitable and educational purposes.
Grant availability will be promoted through direct mail to the area communities and press releases. The Foundation Board will review and distribute funds quarterly. Grants will be awarded only one time per year for any organization.
1. Non-profit groups and organizations that serve communities located within the Kay Electric Cooperative service area.
2. Projects should fit in one or more of these categories: Community Service, Economic Development, Education and Youth, Environment, Disaster Relief.
1. Contributions will generally be made only to non-profit organizations that have been granted tax-exempt status under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3).
2. Contributions will not be made for:
a. Lobbying or political organizations. b. Raffles. c. Individuals. d. Capital fund campaigns. e. National fund drives. f. Advertising.
1. The following factors will be considered in the evaluation of all funding requests:
a. Potential benefit to area residents and the entire community;
b. Level of community support for the program or project;
c. Administrative capability of the organization to deliver quality service or program;
d. Results that are predictable and can be evaluated.
2. It shall be the responsibility of all Foundation directors to evaluate funding requests and allocate contributions to accomplish the purposes and intent of these guidelines.
1. Completed application form.
2. Detailed budget showing how requested funds will be spent.
3. Copy of the IRS tax-exempt letter if appropriate.
CLICK BELOW FOR GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Submit completed application form, budget and IRS
tax-exempt letter, if appropriate, to:
Kay Electric Cooperative
c/o Kay Electric Community Foundation
300 West Doolin Ave.
P.O. Box 607
Blackwell, OK 74631
Kay Electric Community Foundation will notify applicants of grant approval status as soon as possible.
Inquiries may be made by calling (580) 363-1260 or visit www.kayelectric.coop.